BACK to TOP
- This course will help you learn to associate pitch with scale numbers, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7. You will be able to sing pitches accurately and independently by scale numbers.
- There are videos included to teach you how to name notes with scale numbers. This knowledge will be useful when you need to spell scales and chords and use chord progressions. Scale numbers also help with understanding voice leading in melodies and harmonies.
- There are 3 modes to assist in progressive learning:
- "Easy" - plot the note scale number above the notation before you sing.
- "Intermediate" - plot the note scale number above the notation after you match each note.
- "Advanced" - plot the note scale number under the staff and require that you sing the pitches by their scale number, then plot the note. You will not see the notation until after you sing the note as indicated, for example, sing up to 5, sing down to 3, etc.
- Your pitch accuracy will be measured and you will receive points when you are correct. A red note means you took too long to match the pitch.