BACK to TOP
- This course will help you learn to spell and play 7th Chords and their inversions, in different keys, by name. The objective is be able to spell 7th Chords by name and sing the correct pitches in the 7th Chord.
- You will see the key signature and bass note of the 7th Chord. Read the name of the 7th Chord that is plotted below the staff, then think its spelling. Imagine each pitch located on the staff, then sing each pitch.
- There are videos included to teach you about 7th Chords and their inversions. After watching the videos, you can test your knowledge by performing the exercises.
- There are three learning modes:
- Mode one will play the 7th Chord before you sing it. Listen carefully and remember the pitches that are played then sing them from memory. As you sing the correct pitches, the notes will be plotted for you, and you will hear the next 7th Chord played.
- Mode two will play the 7th Chord after you sing and match all of the notes in the 7th Chord. The triad will be played for you after you sing the notes in the 7th Chord. This will help you build your tonal memory as it relates to 7th Chord names.
- Mode three is ah Capella. You will read the name of the 7th Chord, think the spelling and pitches then sing each note in the 7th Chord. This will help you visualize the 7th Chord on the staff and sing the notes in the 7th Chord or it's inversion from memory.
- As you sing each correct note, you will earn points. A red note means you took too long to match a pitch.