Music Dictation Activity: Learn to take music dictation by writing the notation on staff paper, then singing what you wrote. The object is to train your ear to hear pitches and rhythms then relate them to music notation.
- Use the Music Dictation activity to learn to listen to melodies and harmony parts and write the notation on staff paper.
- When you finish writing out all of the parts, you can sing what you wrote.
- As you sing each note on pitch, it will be plotted so you can check your accuracy. You will earn points for each correct pitch.
- This will improve your listening skills, notation writing skills, and your ability to sing from your written notation.
- The annual enrollment subscription fee is $10.